Sunday, May 14, 2017

What is Life

Wait... we're actually done? Like for real?

Image result for it's happening

Of course not, there's still a mini-report... but still we're done with all the big stuff, so that's pretty awesome.  At this point I can say the coolest thing I've made as a bio-engineer is a working battery out of a viruses (and if that doesn't get people to take bio-engineers seriously I don't know what will, because that's honestly the coolest thing ever).  But anyway, this whole class has just been dandy.  Really! I mean that with all seriousness that could be applied to a blog post I write at 3 AM (sorry, not sorry #nightperson)

In a world so full of new and innovative projects cropping up all the time, it's nice to see that even someone like me (and my lab partner) could come up with yet another new and innovative project.  It offers some very appreciated perspective on the daunting subject of the

Image result for future spongebob

and I'm sure everyone else feels the same way.  It's a long road to travel from making a potato battery for a high school science fair to actually making an impact on the science world; and, without the right kind of guidance, it's very easy to become discouraged.  But, thanks to the teaching staff of 20.109 and really everything we have at MIT, we get all the tools we need to really break down real-life problems, and solve them like real scientists.  Good job MIT, and good job 20.109, I couldn't be the student, researcher, and person that I am without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment