Sunday, May 14, 2017

To 20.109


From the beginning of 20.109, I was looking forward to Module 3. Making batteries with viruses was definitely one of the coolest thing I have ever done. I always had an interest in biomaterials, so it was pretty awesome when I saw it being applied for energy purposes. The class and this module encouraged me to continue searching for classes on biomaterials and investigate its applications.

The assignment for this module was fun. I enjoyed making a proposal, thinking about how to construct experiments and how to collect data. It made me feel like a scientist. I look forward to what other course 20 classes have to offer. I especially liked seeing everyone's work. The presentation gave us a glimpse on what are potential problems we can be focusing on, and once again, it emphasized the amazing versatile nature of BE. Unlike other engineering fields, the products of BE tend to be undetectable and small because most work happens on the nano- or micro-scale. Yet, the powerful effect of BE on real world problems simply astonishing.

When I reflect on what I have learned, I appreciate the open diversity of BE. Under BE, there is a multitude of options, options that I was aware of, but could never connect it to a specific device or effect in the real world. BE is a rising field, but I was always confused as to what direction the field was growing and which problems were using BE as a solution. When I told my teachers I was planning to become a bioengineer, they always asked me what it was. My only response was that it was cool, and I am glad that I was right. I want to continue my path as a bioengineer and confront challenging problems. As a future researcher, I hope I can construct my own way of thinking and approach to unique problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment