Thursday, May 11, 2017

Looking Forward and Looking Back

Before I get into summarizing the 20.109 experience, congratulations to everyone who presented today!


20.109 more so than any other class so far has really made me feel like a legitimate MIT student. From the small molecule microarray to the virus battery (that I will keep forever and ever), this has been the first real time I’ve been able to participate in the wide variety of applications and techniques used in biological engineering.  Every single module was a whole new adventure and, even though it was a lot of work, I really enjoyed learning about all these different research areas and doing all the different modules.  This all culminated today with our research proposal presentations.

Looking at the range of projects and research areas everyone chose made me even more excited than I already was about biological engineering.  It was also extremely rewarding to share the results of mine and Kerrie’s hard work on the research proposal with the class and also see the incredible amount of time and effort other groups invested in their presentations.  I found myself learning so much with each new presentation, a common theme in 20.109.


Though the class could be stressful and was a lot of work at times, it has probably been my favorite class here at MIT so far.  I really enjoyed all the new experiences and techniques we had the opportunity to try, like TEM.  Even the most stressful parts of the class (yes I’m talking about the research article) taught me valuable lessons.  Thank you so much to all the instructors who invested so much time and energy into making this a great experience for all of us taking the class.  I’m sure I speak for all of us when I say that we all appreciate the support and encouragement.

Looking back on the class shows me how much I’ve learned and how far we all have come. I’m looking forward to the rest of my time in Course 20!

No comments:

Post a Comment