Sunday, May 14, 2017

What I learned in 20.109 is...


Literally every family gathering I go to I get the same question: “What’s biological engineering?”

After these modules, I finally know how to answer this question.

Module 3 was hella different from Modules 1 and 2. We got to make biological batteries (very hype) and figure out what other people are interested in.

Making the batteries was out of my comfort zone, considering all I’ve done was cancer research via tissue culture. It made me genuinely curious in genetic engineering to make products out of biological materials.



The research proposals were possibly my favorite part because we got to see what people were interested within Biological Engineering. I saw presentations on water filters (S.O. to Valentino and Alex for impressing me with that calculation) and cancer research, which both encompass what BE offers.


Overall, I’m really happy that I learned different assays from 20.109! BE has so many different ideas and proposals. It’s simply not just cancer research; BE is way more than that.

We made it! We’re BE scientists! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment