Monday, May 15, 2017

Thank you 20.109!

Choosing a topic for our research proposal was by far the hardest part. Working on a team means that just because you've decided you have a fantastic world changing idea doesn't mean your partner will be even remotely interested. This can be a little heartbreaking. The first sign that things were going to be difficult was when Neslly and I discussed our topics and found that I was very interested in tissue engineering and she was very interested in environmental topics. Unfortunately these are two topics that do not combine easily. It took a lot of thinking but we finally came up with an idea that we are both interested in. Once we started reading research articles I got very very excited about the idea and am now considering contacting a HST professor who is working on bioprinting artificial organs!

Overall, 20.109 has really made me feel prepared to not only write about research I do but also to come up with new, well thought-out ideas and better understand what is reasonable and how to go about it. I think the research proposal was a great way to end the class as it really showed me how much I have learned this semester and made me very excited to continue down the Course 20 path!

Thank you to everyone who has made this class awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment