Sunday, May 14, 2017

Thank you so much for everything (:

Wow, I think this is the last blog post. I can't believe we've come so far this semester. Taking 109 this semester was really fun, and I have to say that this is probably my favorite Course 20 class (: 

I really enjoyed Mod 3. Thank you Professor Belcher for the periodic tables, the great stories and insights, and for introducing us to such cool research and letting us invade your lab (: Creating a battery in 109 was super cool! (: I can't wait to bring my own battery back home to my parents so I can show off and show them how cool biological engineering is. 

The Mod 3 research proposal project was a bit daunting. But in the end I'm proud of what my lab partner Catherine and I accomplished. I didn't even know what endometriosis was until Catherine brought it up. And after doing some research into it, I realized how little we know about this disease and how little progress there has been in developing better diagnostics. Also, there were a lot of problems with the research people were conducting. It was a difficult research topic, but I'm glad we picked it and I'm happy with our research proposal. Also I was nervous about the presentation since my journal club presentation last time was horrible, but I think it went fairly well! Also I think this is useful since in grad school I'll also essentially have to go through this process...

I really enjoyed Mod 1 and Mod 2 as well, and just this class in general. I was introduced to a lot of things I haven't done before, such as SMMs and RNA-Seq, and I was exposed to a lot of cool research from the labs of Professor Koehler, Professor Samson, and Professor Belcher. Also, I think I improved a lot in scientific communication! (: 

Thank you so much to all the 20.109 staff for making 109 the amazing class that it is (: Thank you so much Maxine, Noreen, Leslie and Rob (: Thanks for answering all of our questions, for scheduling office hours, for feeding us delicious snacks, for doing our experiments on snow days, and just thanks in general for providing us such a great learning experience (: 

Thanks to all my fellow 109ers for making this class such a fun experience (: I do wish I took this class earlier, but I'm glad that I got to meet y'all by taking it this semester. And lastly, thanks so much Catherine for being an amazing lab partner (: I enjoyed working with you and getting to know you, and I'm really happy with what we've accomplished this semester (: 
                     




No comments:

Post a Comment