Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Saying Goodbye to 109


In the scheme of all the things we did in 109, the research proposal was by far the most intimidating. All the other project were challenging, don’t get me wrong, but the research proposal put all the power in our lab group. We would have to synthesize our own project, figure out a methods, and evaluate all the other factors that go into a research proposal.

~when you realize the research proposal due date is sneaking up~
But when each of us brought in our ideas for a research proposal, it was kind of cool hearing my lab mates and I talk about what we each were interested in and the totally different ideas each of us had for research ideas. Picking an idea was kind of hectic, but once we picked ours, everything just kind of fell into place.

~the hecticness of picking a topic (I’m the dog in the middle)~
Leaving 109, I definitely feel like an engineer. 109 opened the door to all the things a BE student can do: whether that be high throughput protein screening, tissue culturing, biomaterial work, or even writing a 14 page research article.


~me leaving 109~

Sam Leff (posted by Leslie)

No comments:

Post a Comment