Saturday, April 22, 2017

We’re Almost There!





Mod2 report was certainly a tough one. Having to write a ‘real’ scientific paper for the first time (well, Mod1 was kinda like it, though we did write it in groups which made it much easier), I had a lot of problem in communicating my ideas, or even coming up with an idea in the first place. Getting weird and surprising results in many of our experiments also didn’t help either. That being said, there are a few things I found very helpful in preparing for my paper:

1.       Lecture. As mentioned previously on my old post, Prof. Samson’s and Prof. Fraenkel’s lectures were definitely very helpful in crafting my story. In particular, Prof. Samson’s final lecture really enlightened all the weird outcomes that we had (I’m looking at you cell viability assay!), making writing the discussion section so much easier.

2.       Homework definitely. Even though writing the entire method section for homework was indeed painfully annoying, the feedback we got in return was definitely super helpful in completing the Mod2 report. The feedback I got for the intro and discussion outline were also useful in shaping my idea.

3.       Finally, Office Hours. For some reason, I forgot the Comm lab existed during this module, so instead, I went to office hours whenever I could to discuss my idea with the teaching fellow. Shout out to Leslie, Noreen and Maxine for being such wonderful and supportive instructors (and also Leslie for the donuts) who held numerous office hours and in-class discussion for the Mod2 report. Without you guys, I don’t think I could’ve ever finished my Mod2 report this decently.   


Still, I can’t believe that I managed to finish the Mod2 Report. Seems like yesterday we were just meeting in 4-149 for the first day of class, and now we’re doing our final module. Looking forward to making a (working) battery this time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment