Sunday, April 23, 2017

Connecting the Points

This writing assignment would have been more fun if I have spread out the assignment throughout the week. 

Writing the report felt right. It felt like I was writing an ending to a chapter. The connections I did not see before, where suddenly laid out with each graphs and paragraph that I wrote. 

I wished I had finished the report at the due date, but perfectionism has no limits, especially when every point counts. Either way, it is gratifying to write this report because regardless of the grade on the paper, I feel like I understood what the point of this module was, and appreciate the “cutting-edge” research I performed.

I was never a fan of genomics, and I did not know much about cancer besides whoever solves it will be famous. I was optimistic, but I was definitely lost in an ocean of facts. I would hear the reason behind every experiment. However, instead of constructing bridges, each fact became a lone island. I had all of the information, but never really grasp the big picture. 


So, when I started to write the report, I was too intimidated to write anything because I did not know where to start. I heard snips and hints of what to focus on, but the connections were never solidified. Luckily, I slowly found the connections, stringing the scattered days of lab and data into a story. I am glad I left this module with a good idea of what was going on. I feel like I can talk about, and know how to approach topics related to it. Taking the time to observe the data and results and see what other people found was exhilarating. It reminded me of why I like archaeology so much. I like reading papers and seeing the conclusions they see from a few pieces of data. I like compiling different ideas to support my idea. I wished I had the courage and confidence to confront the report earlier on. Nevertheless, I feel proud of what I have written so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment