Sunday, April 23, 2017

No One Likes Low Qual Scientific Stories


After drafting the Mod 2 Research Article, I felt a little like this:



To be honest, I wasn’t sure how to start writing this journal-like article. The idea of it seemed very daunting, considering this was a solo-project (RIP teamwork for this module D:) and no revisions could be made this time.

The hardest part for me was crafting the story for my research article. While analyzing my data wasn’t the hardest part, trying to piece together the different parts of my research left me a little like:



but when I was in a very work heavy mood:



This wasn’t because of the research article itself. It’s because I’m just bad at organizing my material. I went to office hours constantly to ask for small things on how I should format my data for the story. I asked Leslie (still the MVP) to look over my abstract. I asked friends to clarify aspects of each experiment so I could try to piece the important parts together for my story on synthetic lethality. Even until the last moment, I was trying to make sure everything made sense.

Overall, although I realized that scientific writing is hard, the experience was totally worth it because I feel like I can make a cool story out of scientific data and explain it (maybe somewhat haha). I’m hella excited to build a biological battery.

When the research article was completed:




No comments:

Post a Comment