Wednesday, April 26, 2017

slowly becoming an engineer

More than halfway through 20.109 at this point, I’ve gone from having Seamus Finnigan (the kid who keeps blowing stuff up in Harry Potter) as my 20.109 spirit animal to having Beaker as my spirit animal.
Image result for seamus finnigan blow upImage result for beaker gif
I feel like that’s an upgrade. Now, the article. The bane of my existence for the last week or so. Writing, editing, and going to office hours slowly became how I filled all my free time. The best part was trying to explain to non-109-ers how/why I was spending so much time writing this article. I think every other sentence I said this week hard the word “my research article” in it.

After putting a million and a half hours into the journal article, turning in the article was by far the most therapeutic and rewarding part of my week. I was trying to get my friends to read it and appreciate it in all its 14 page glory – which is kind of embarrassing in retrospect. Either way, now that I’ve turned it in and it is no longer running my life, the research article is kind of cool. I have this 14 page paper I wrote about experiments I did. I’m a real scientist! 

No comments:

Post a Comment