Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Journal Me


Haha... ha.

That was a doozy. I read my paper and realized just how many supplemental experiments they had done- and didn't explain. I knew from that moment that I would have to learn a lot to be able to understand what was going on, let along explain it.

The first time Journal Club was coming up, it felt like the worst possible thing to add to my week. While I was trying to balance all of the other things before spring break it was approaching without mercy:


Then, all was lost. (My presentation that is.) It didn't save, my notes wouldn't convert into a word document, it wasn't taking my notes as something to be printed. I, of course, thought it was crashing. Maybe if I restarted powerpoint, it would restore?

A lot of memes or gifs could go here. I could recycle the lion king one for the missing FKBP12, I could put something that says "please don't do it", I could put a picture of a Where's Waldo scene and title it "looking for my presentation". Instead:


Because I honestly don't know what I would have presented that Friday. I'm still slightly shocked I was able to go on the Wednesday after spring break.

The next Journal Club came in a leisurely fashion, compared to the last. Still, I was shaking. Every few minutes while talking I could feel my head blank and the seconds of silence continue as I tried to catch my train of thought. I knew I was forgetting some points I wanted to talk about, but every time I remembered it was too late to fix it.

The questions weren't even the worst part, I had written up pages of notes that ended up helping me on that front. The timing was; I worried and worried over whether I was going to fit the time limit.

But. It's done.

That milk is spilled until it's time to watch them. I'm happy with what I accomplished and how much I remembered in the moment to try and explain as much of that paper as possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment