Sunday, April 23, 2017

I Feel Like A Scientist... Kinda



It took me until I began to write the article to realize that I had just spent an entire module without connecting the things I was learning.


As questions popped up, with the answers not far behind, I had to take a moment just to let everything come together. And another moment. And:



It's at the point in the semester when I realize that taking two lab classes was likely not the best idea. (Something I hope will turn around by the end.) 

I read through all of my lab and lecture notes and wrote up some of the things I continuously forgot, like what delta CT, p21, and compound 401 (and a plethora of other words I had disconnected from its meaning) were.

Getting myself started on each topic was the hardest part. After I knew where I was and where I wanted to go I could write out the pathway. (As long as I didn't have to cite a manufacturer...)



I'm just happy I finished and could actually put together a research article. I feel like a real researcher- which I expect to be a lot of trying to explain your ideas and conclusions rather than a lot of blowing things up in lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment