Thursday, March 30, 2017

In Review





What an exciting module 1. Despite reassurances that 'life isn't easy', I was sure everything would go off without a hitch.


Yeah. That's probably me.

Even more exciting was all of the new things I learned to do. Never before had I done a purification or an SDS-PAGE or an assay for protein concentration. I'd hardly been in a lab at all. I feel like I'm finally starting on the path to becoming a bioengineer.


As for the work:


That's me doing the data summary draft.
This is me doing the revision:


And this is me doing the homework for every lab:


That's a man who looks like he knows what he's doing. Despite the fact that I don't really know what I'm doing most of the time, I truly feel determined to try. When the data summary came around, I wasn't dreading it like I thought I would at the beginning of the semester. I had ideas of what to do for most of it, and the things I had no clue about became clearer as I went along (with help).

Being in 7.05 and 20.309 has also been surprisingly helpful. Every few weeks this happens, 


and I learn one concept or procedure in triplicate. All of my classes bring it up at the same time, or even just two of my classes and I get the feeling of deja-vu. It's surprisingly helpful to let something sink in and then be taught about it by a new person in a new way for a different end goal.

I'm excited to do more things I've never done before in 20.109 module 2. And am quite looking forward to some hiccups to learn from or about.



No comments:

Post a Comment